I'm one of those people who likes to look back at the memories from over time. Each year on New Year's Eve I try to think back over the past year and figure out how I can make the next year even better. Although I didn't have THE Best year, I did have a pretty good one. I wanted to share 13 of the better moments of this year!
13. Fishing with John's brother and cousin - May 12. I don't know what it was about being out at the lake at sunset but it was beautiful and peaceful and just a very memorable moment in 2013.
12. Learning how to make stained glass - February 28. My great friend Lisa taught me how to make stained glass this year. So far I've completed two stained glass pieces and have to solder the third piece together.
11. Seeing Mama S get her GED diploma - June 13. I was so proud of her for completing her GED and actually going to the graduation.
10. Night out with AXE brothers - December 21. I know I just talked about this last week but I enjoy being around them so much.
9. Reaching my 100th and 200th post - February 27 and I feel like my blog grew a lot between the beginning and my 100th post. I know I didn't really blog continuously throughout the year but somehow I made it to my 200th post! I'm so thankful for all my readers who follow me on my journey and give me encouragement.
8. Seeing Brantley Gilbert and Kip Moore in concert - April 19. I had such a blast at this concert. It was just what I needed at the time.
7. Being a bridesmaid to Becca - November 16. Although Becca's wedding isn't until 2014, I got to take part as a bridesmaid and go with her to pick up her dress. I love being her best friend and loved getting to spend this special day with her.
6. Job interviews - several. Even though I went on these interviews and didn't get accepted in the position, I'm glad that I got the experience of being in an interview. I'm sure the right job will come along.
5. Finding the perfect wedding venue - June 9. There was just something magical about having found the perfect place for our wedding.
4. Finishing Insanity - October 5. It felt so good to get active and healthy again.
3. Thanksgiving weekend - November 28. Being able to spend this time with John was one of the better weekend of the whole year. It felt so right to be with him on the Thanksgiving.
2. Air Force Ball - September 28. It felt so good to get all dressed up and attend the ball this year.
1. The Proposal - March 26. I don't think there is much more I can say about this except it was one of the happiest and most emotional times of my life. All the details are here and here!
I hope 2014 will be even better than 2013 has been!