I can actually be interesting sometimes.

Thursday, October 17, 2013


I'm not sure what it is but this month I've had a major case of bloggers block, you know, like writers blog but for my blog. September I was on a roll. I had so many things I wanted to talk about. I guess it helped that 2 days out of every week I had topics pre-planned. But still that means I should have had a build-up of extra ideas right?! Wrong.

When I was in high school and college I had a few blogs on Xanga and then Tumblr. I never had a shortage of topics then,  but I also think I was more of a free writer then. I wrote about my day, funny stories about my boyfriends, friends, and shared all of my problems. It was basically my virtual diary. I wanted people to read my blogs back then, but I guess at the same time I didn't care. I care a little more now.

Taking a study break to blog in college


Back to the topic at hand. I've been having writers block this month. Hence the lack of post the first week of the month. Today I went with my grandmother to get her hair cut and the local Great Clips and as I was there trying to start reading my dictionary aka Under the Dome by Stephan King, I couldn't help but listen in to one of the stylists conversation to her client. She happened to be talking about solitaire on the computer and then spider solitaire and how it was harder and easier than the original.

I sat there listening to her ramble on and on about such a silly topic. Then I realized that topics for blogging are all around us. As I sat there listening to her, I decided I should share with y'all my bloggers block. Maybe, just maybe, somebody else is suffering from it.

We blog to connect with people like us and share our own thoughts and opinions. But why not share about our daily lives too?! We are real people after all. I don't know about you, but I live in the real world. And let's get real, my night stand looks a complete mess 99% of the time. I have jewelry thrown all over my dresser (totally not in my jewelry box) and clean clothes stacked in the chair in my room waiting to be put away. Let's not even talk about the shoes all over my closet floor! I realize my life is boring 75% of the time, but the other 25% is blog worthy, so why not write about it?

I'm not saying I'm guaranteeing you will hear more about my life, but just maybe if I find myself with another bloggers block I will take a closer look at my life. I can actually be interesting sometimes.



 photo Ashley_zps5473f6ca.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I've been having some bloggers block lately as well. There are only so many things you can talk about before people think it's boring. :) The main thing you have to remember is to just be real, this blog isn't for anyone but yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on this one! I've had a cold the past two weeks too, so on top of not knowing what to post, I feel so drained most days and my head is foggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely get bloggers block! I just try not to put any pressure on myself to come up with something good all the time.

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete