Thanksgiving with John

Monday, December 2, 2013

This past weekend has been one of the best I can remember in a very long time. I don't want to bore you to death, but I do want to tell y'all about my amazing weekend with John.

His train was actually late by almost 4 hours so instead of getting here at 3:30 am he got here at around 7 am which was kind of better. It was freezing when I went to go pick him up but it was so worth it getting to see him. We got showers and dressed to go to Thanksgiving lunch at my grandmother's house. I brought my camera and John got super excited and took tons of pictures of the family.


John said he would do the whole Black Friday thing with me so we planned out our route while we waited for all of the family to arrive. But since John was behind the camera most of the time during Thanksgiving, I finally got a picture of us on our way home.

Our Black Friday started out at around 7 pm Thursday night with some Mickey D's. We had to wait in the drive-thru for about 30 minutes because it was one of the only fast food places open. But it was so much fun jamming out in the car to some country music with John while we waited.

By the time we got to Walmart, the laptop we went to look at which was going on sale at 8 pm had already been given out before 7:45! I was so mad. I wanted to argue with the lady but it wouldn't have done any good. We did get this huge 2 lb box of Russell Stover chocolates that was on sale. John knows how to spoil me! By the time Black Friday was over we had gone to Walmart, Kohl's, Target, Peebles, Bath and Body Works, Zales, Sam's Club and back to Target.

John's Sam's Club membership was with his parents but his mom had switched him out to put his sister on the membership so he just got his own membership while we were there. How it's set up he got a complimentary membership card for a spouse or family member so I got a card with him! I was so excited but because it was Black Friday I was not looking very cute, but I'm still super excited I can go to Sam's by myself now!


Saturday we pretty much relaxed all day but we did go out to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then Target to walk around and get some Starbucks White Hot Chocolate which is my new addiction. After doing a little shopping and walking we came home and had a glass of sweet red wine and watched Alabama not do so well against Auburn. Oh John was upset, but I guess you win some and you lose some.

Unfortunately he had to go back to Charleston so we hung out around the train station until his train got there. I did so well this time around. My eyes betrayed me by watering a little before we left for the train station, but I wasn't really upset then. I was still trying to enjoy my last few hours. I didn't actually cry until our last kiss as the train was pulling up and John went to get on the train. But I gave myself 5 minutes in the car and I've been okay ever since.

I miss him so much but I know he will be back in about 3 and a half weeks. That is nothing compared to what we've been through before. I know with the holiday season starting up we will constantly have something going on so he will be back here before I know it!

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving weekend as well!

 photo Ashley_zps5473f6ca.jpg


  1. Oh, I'm so glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with your love. It's really special to have them with us during the holidays, isn't it?

  2. I'm so glad you got to spend all this time together!!! :)

  3. Looks like you had a great thanksgiving! You two are so cute together :)

  4. Aw I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving with John. You are brave to go Black Friday shopping!