...on my first day of work. Yes, I officially had my first hours at Michael's yesterday. It was quite an experience.
First day of work Selfie! I couldn't help myself.
1. My legs shake when I'm nervous. Yes, as I was learning all about the cash register and learning how to operate it, my legs were shaking. Weird?! Yes!
2. 3XL vests are HUGE! All the vest Michael's had available were sizes 3XL and larger. I was swimming in it, but I made it through the day.
3. Being a cashier isn't as bad as I expected. When I stepped up to the cash register, as I started to ring up my first few customers, I really disliked it. I couldn't wait for it to be over. But as I got more comfortable I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought.
4. Those big plastic bags are hard to open! I've never had such a hard time in my life trying to open those big Michael's bad to put larger stuff in. Finally a customer told me to try blowing on the edges. What do you know?! It worked.
5. I shouldn't be afraid to talk into the headset. Michael's employees wear headsets to communicate with each other for various reasons. I was a little afraid to start using it. But everybody is friendly.
I'm sure I'll learn new things each day I walk into the store. At least my first day was a pretty good one.