Even though we are getting into Christmas time where we stuff our faces with all the fancy Christmas food, I still love some good home-cooked Southern style food. Mac and cheese would be it for me. It is a staple in my cookbook and I could literally eat only mac and cheese for days!
I wanted to find a quick, simple and inexpensive mac and cheese recipe for game night and I hit the jackpot. Julie's Eats and Treats had an amazing mac and cheese recipe that I couldn't wait to share with y'all!
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 tbsp butter
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Boil the macaroni in water for 6 minutes, drain. Don't overcook the macaroni!
3. Mix the butter and cheese over high heat in a saucepan (I reused my macaroni pain, save washing another pan!). Stir until it melts.
4. In the crock pot combine cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add drained macaroni. Stir that baby up!
5. Cook in crock pot for 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low, stirring occasionally. Just until it's hot. Don't let it cook too long or it will turn to mush!
6. Enjoy your delicious mac and cheese! Try not to eat it all in one sitting!
Do you like mac and cheese? What is your favorite, go-to side dish?