Do y'all remember last September, Katie and I did No Spend September?! I had such a fun time with it. I didn't spend too much and I was able to save what little I had left in my account. I called it a success! So now that I'm actually making a little moolah, I want to try this again. Give my checking and savings accounts a little extra padding, ya know!
Last time I didn't really put much thought into it. Katie contacted me about doing the No Spend challenge and I basically went along with what she designed up. This time I contacted Katie and put some more thought into it. I feel like I will come out of the other end with a little more understanding this time!
I sat down and came up with my budget of $80 which is reasonable for my monthly income. That money will go towards my essentials and the hopefully very few exceptions. The remainder... savings! So you might be wondering, how am I going to stick with my budget?! Well, let's find out...
1. Limit eating out! I know that I won't be able to cut it out completely, but I want to limit it.
2. Find cheap entertainment. Netflix or Redbox, a walk around the park, picnic instead of fast food
3. Use coupons. They can be your best friend in saving!
4. Price check/compare. Know the prices at specific places and find the best deals! I learned this last time.
5. Use cash. It's easier to budget when you physically have the cash in your hand.
My plan is to budget within my budget. Confusing to say, but easy to do.
Week 1 I plan to use 15% of my budget... $12
Week 2 at 15%... $12
Week 3 at 20%... $16
Week 4 at 20%... $16
Week 5 at 30%...24
End of July at 100%... $80 spent
I'm so excited that Katie is participating with me! Be sure to go over to her page and check out her plan of attack! Hopefully by the end of the July, we'll have a little extra money in savings and be on our way to achieving our financial goals!