March is my fitness month. Naturally I've dedicated this month towards fitness in honor of running my first 10k, which also happens to be one of my goals. Finish the 10k. How convenient right?!
Okay so I also have another fitnessey (like my made up word there?!) thing that's not really a goal, but I wanted to mention. With my training for the 10k, I started using the hashtag #OperationFitFierceFab to track my progress. I haven't done a great job of actually using it, but this month with all of the fitness stuff, I'm going to try to use it more. So y'all can check my progress there and give me encouragement!
Okay so my goals for this month:
1. Complete my first 10k. This one is pretty self explanatory and as I mentioned above the reason for March being fitness month. I have an A, B, C goal for this race. My A is finishing the 10k in 68 minutes and feeling like I am on top of the world. B would be finishing in 80 minutes and feeling liek I really accomplished something. C is my goal to just finish it and I would know that I have finally done something that I've wanted to do for the past 5 years.
2. Regular ab workouts and try 3 Jillian Michaels YouTube workouts. I'm trying to add more strength training into my workout routine. So with that being said, this is what I plan to do!
3. Log my food on MyFitnessPal everyday. I've done awesome with logging my food and becoming more aware of what I'm eating. I'm currently a few days over my 50 day log in streak. So I want to continue each day this month and maybe make it a whole year of logging in. Wouldn't that be awesome?!
4. Get at least 14000 steps each day. My goal for this year is to have 5 million steps by December 31. That is a very attainable goal as long as I get about 13700 steps each day.
5. Limit myself to 1 chocolate per day. I had been getting way out of hand with my consumption of sweets, so I want to limit myself. Going cold turkey will only make me binge eat all the chocolate in the house! Be on the lookout for more info on this soon!
I'm very excited to see how this months goals go. I purposely made all of my goals non-scale associated. I've found that the scale can discourage me a lot of times. So, although I might still weigh, I won't be putting a lot of focus on that.
Also a look into my previous months goals:
January, Reading - I've officially read 5 books for the year putting me at 20% towards completing my goal. I'm starting a new book today and can't wait to jump into it!
February, Blogging - I didn't do as much as I would have liked, but I'm not unhappy with my progress. I made an awesome new blogging friend, Chelsie from Life with Rosie, gained more Facebook followers and even some new friend on Bloglovin. All in all, a successful month.
How have your New Years Goals been going?
Do you have any fitness goals you want to complete?