I have recently gotten into reading. I used to hate it as a kid but now I'm wondering what I was thinking all those years! I feel like I just have to share my passion with everybody I meet. So luckily I met Chelsie from Life With Rosie and she loves to read probably more than I do. So we talked and we decided to start a book swap/book club!
Because summer is my favorite time of year and you can sit outside a read a book, I'm super excited that Chelsie wanted to create the Summer Reads Book Swap! She was inspired by a previous book swap she participated in (which I unfortunately didn't get to) and so we (read Chelsie) created this lovely swap for all of y'all (and me) to join in. Let us know if you like it, want to do it more regularly, or just tips or whatever for the book club!
Your Swap Objective: Your package should include the following:
- a beach read (Modern Mrs. Darcy just released her Summer Reading Guide, if you need ideas!)
- a book from your partner's wishlist
- a book that you think your partner would love
- *optional-any other odds and ends related to summer or books
Sign-ups open on Thursday, May 21st.
Sign-ups close on Sunday, May 30th
You will be assigned your partners on Monday, June 1st
You must mail your box out by June 15th
Link up for bloggers will be live on June 20th-please link up a post summarizing your experience/package by July 9th!
- After signing up for the swap, you must share this swap on twitter, facebook or you blog. This will help spread the word to others about the swap! You must do this within 3 days of signing up
- Packages must include three books as stated in the swap objective. Be prepared to spend at least 15-20 dollars on your package, not including shipping. There are no price limits.
- Send books to your partner that will fit their interests as best as possible. Email them and get to know them while curating their package!
- Packages must be mailed by June 15th. If you have any problems, email your partner and host immediately.
- All packages require a tracking number, You must email this tracking number to your host and your partner after you mail the package.
- Dropping out after signing up will not be tolerated. By signing up for this swap, you are committing to following through with the swap. If you drop out, you will be blacklisted from all future swaps.
- After receiving your package, please take the time to write about your experience and link it up. We are giving the link up a few weeks to be open so that you can take the time to even start reading a book and review it, if you so choose.
BY SIGNING UP FOR THIS SWAP, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL OF THESE RULES. IF YOU BREAK THESE RULES, YOU WILL BE BLACKLISTED FROM ALL FUTURE SWAPS. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE DEADLINES AND OBLIGATIONS.
This swap is open to U.S. residents only. We hope to open it up internationally the next time around. Sorry!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Be sure to send an email or leave a comment! We are so excited to get swapping this summer!